We do not currently have any openings for our New Runner / 5K training program but expect to open registration for our next session in March so please check back then.
Led by Certified Running Coach Kurt Jaehn, our New Runner/5k training groups meet twice weekly at 6:00PM on Tuesday evening and 8:00AM on Saturday morning at various locations in El Dorado Hills and Folsom. Participants who prefer to do the program virtually can follow the training plan provided and receive feedback on their runs from our coach.
We generally limit the number of participants to 20 to facilitate social distancing requirements.
Group enrollment cost is only $85 and includes:
- 8-week coached training program with weekly training plans provided
- Optional in-person outdoor training sessions with virtual weekly check-ins
- Unlimited access to the coach through private group page, e-mail, or phone
- Running technique, injury prevention and nutrition tips
- Free GCRS training technical T-shirt
- Personalized appointment for an in-store shoe-fitting and one-time discount of 15% off all purchases (Garmin watch purchases will be limited to a discount of 10%). All participants should have a Garmin or other GPS enabled watch or be able to run safely with their phones and will need to sign up for a Strava account (which is free).
- Virtual or in-person 5K organized run at the end of the program
Due to the ongoing restrictions related to the Covid-19 situation and the cancellation of Fall marathons, we canceled our Fall 2020 half marathon and marathon training programs. We are assessing the timing of launching our next Half Marathon Training Program.