Gold Country Beginning 5k Training
The Gold Country Beginning 5k program is designed for new runners looking to complete their first 5k or those returning to running after taking a break. Runners and Run/Walkers are welcome.
Race Day: Sunday, June 10, 2018
9 Week Training Program begins Tuesday, April 10, 2018
First Group Workout: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 @ 6:00pm
Upon completion of the registration, trainees will get an email with details on the time and place of the first workout.
Coached Sessions: Tuesday Nights at 6pm and Saturday Mornings at 7:30am
Training will take place at multiple locations around El Dorado Hills and Folsom, including the El Dorado Hills CSD and Humbug Creek Trails.
Registration Fee: $65.00
- Experienced Coach to Support and Guide you to the Finish Line
- Free Gold Country Running + Racing Training Shirt
- 15% off any store purchases through the life of the Training Group
- Weekly Training Schedules
- Private Gold Country Training Facebook Group to connect with trainees, learn from the coach, and stay informed.
- Opportunity to sample some of the latest running nutrition and gear
- Pre race shelter at GC El Dorado Hills
- $65.00 Per Person for Training
- Training Fee does not include race entry fee.
- No refunds allowed after the first training session and no exchanges or transfers.
- Due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at our group workouts.
Coach: Leslie Shahinian
Minimum Fitness: This 5k training program is designed for beginners. Participants should be able to walk for 20 minutes. Medical concerns and injuries should be cleared by a physician before starting this program. If you are not sure that this program is right for you and would like to ask some specific questions, email Coach Leslie.
Email Coach Leslie