Spring Half Marathon Training
Do you want to get in shape and run a half marathon this spring? How about just get a little faster?? Join us and let our experienced coaching staff help you reach your goals. The Shamrock'n Half Marathon is the local favorite and will be the primary focus of this group, but Northern California has plenty more great races to choose from. Whether this is your first or 10th half marathon; Whether you want to run the Santa Cruz or the Modesto Half, our training program will help get you there!
Santa Cruz Half Marathon - Sunday, March 3, 2018
Shamrock’n Half Marathon - Sunday, March 11, 2018
Modesto Marathon Half Marathon - Sunday, March 11, 2018
Rock’n N Roll San Francisco Half Marathon - Sunday, April 8, 2018
Sactown 10 Mile - Sunday April 8, 2018
9 week Training Program begins Sunday, January 7, 2018
Registrants will get an email with details on the time and place of the first workout.
Coached Sessions: Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings
Training will take place at various locations around El Dorado Hills and Folsom. Depending on the workout, we will move starting locations to keep the training fun and fresh.
Registration Fee: $75
- Experienced Coach to Support and Guide you to the Finish Line
- Free Gold Country Running + Racing Training Tech Tee
- 15% off any store purchases through the life of the Training Group
- Daily Training Schedules
- Private Facebook Group to connect with trainees, learn from the coach, and stay informed. Weekly plans will be posted in this group and the coach will stay available for questions throughout the training.
- Opportunity to sample some of the latest running nutrition and gear
- Aid Stations, sponsored by CLIF, at all long runs, to help give runner’s the fuel and motivation to complete Training Runs.
- Invitation to exclusive training seminars detailing Running Nutrition, Running Recovery and Race Preparation.
- $75.00 Per Person for Training
- Training Fee does not include race entry fee.
- No refunds allowed after the first training session and no exchanges or transfers.
Coach: Sonja Tollefsen
Minimum Fitness: Prior to the start of training, registrants should be running 10-15 miles a week, and able to run or run/walk 4 miles.
**This group will begin training before the start of day light savings on March 11, 2018. Weeknight runs will be run in the dark and trainees are expected to have appropriate reflective and safety gear.**
We will be enforcing a 20 person maximum enrollment in our training groups. Please sign up early to save your spot.