Gold Country Half Marathon Training
The Gold Country Half Marathon Training is the "Official" Training Group for the 2nd Annual Gold Country Half Marathon in El Dorado Hills. Over the course of the 10 weeks together our excellent team of coaches will prepare runners to complete first half maraathon or set a new PR.
Race Day: Sunday, June 10, 2018
10 Week Training Program begins Saturday, March 31, 2018
First Group Workout: Saturday. March 31, 2018 @7:30am
Upon completion of the registration, trainees will get an email with details on the time and place of the first workout.
Coached Sessions: Tuesday Nights at 6pm and Saturday Mornings at 7:30am*
Training will take place at various locations around El Dorado Hills and Folsom including, but not limited to both Gold Country Run + Sport stores, Karen’s Bakery, Folsom Lake College Track, and Handy Family Park in Folsom. Depending on the workout, we will move starting locations to keep the training fun and fresh.
*Exact start time for the Saturday morning run may vary depending on the weekly mileage.
Registration Fee: $90.00
- Experienced Coach to Support and Guide you to the Finish Line
- Free Gold Country Running + Racing Long Sleeved Training Shirt
- 15% off any store purchases through the life of the Training Group
- Weekly Training Schedules for both Experienced and First Time Marathoners
- Private Gold Country Training Facebook Group to connect with trainees, learn from the coach, and stay informed.
- Opportunity to sample some of the latest running nutrition and gear
- Aid Stations at all long runs, to help give runner’s the fuel and motivation to complete Training Runs.
- Invitation to exclusive training seminars
- Pre race shelter at GC El Dorado Hills
- $90.00 Per Person for Training
- Training Fee does not include race entry fee.
- No refunds allowed after the first training session and no exchanges or transfers.
- Due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at our group workouts.
Coach: Karyn Hoffman and Sonja Tollefsen
Minimum Fitness: Prior to the start of training, participants must be able to run 5 miles straight.
The Gold Country Half Marathon has a final cutoff time of 4 hours or approximately 18.20 minutes per mile. If you are a runner or run/walker beyond a 13-minute mile pace, please contact the coach to find out if this group is for you.